This page is still under construction! More awesome information to come!
Median Pay1: $55,175
Teacher Reciprocity Requirements2: Washington Department of Education
- Education/Experience Requirements: Bachelor’s degree from regionally accredited school and state-approved teacher preparation program.
- Testing Requirements: Washington Educator Skills Tests (WEST) B and E or comparable exams taken in another state.
- Temporary Certificate Offered?: Yes. Typically approved reciprocal candidates receive a temporary residency certificate.
- Other Notes: Coursework in issues of abuse required to upgrade to a Professional certificate.
- Teacher Pensions Overall Grade3: D – Click here to see why.
- 5-year vesting period.
- Employees/employers DO pay social security tax and therefore ARE eligible for social security benefits.
- Two choices between pension plan and more portable option but not created equal.
2Teacher Reciprocity: sourced from data aggregated by Teacher Certification Degrees. View the full state-by-state list here. Additionally, in some states special considerations for reciprocity, application expedition, fee waivers, etc. may be available to teachers married to activity duty military personnel; be sure to contact the respective State Dept. Of Education to learn more.