This page is still under construction! More awesome information to come!
Median Pay1: $66,758
Teacher Reciprocity Requirements2: Rhode Island Department of Education
- Education/Experience Requirements: Bachelor’s degree from regionally accredited school and state-approved teacher preparation program.
- Testing Requirements: Praxis Core, Praxis PLT, and Praxis Subject Assessments required for most subjects and grade levels.
- Temporary Certificate Offered?: Qualified applications for teaching reciprocity between states leads to a Temporary Initial Educator Certificate.
- Other Notes: Certificate must be NASDTEC State 3 or higher.
- Teacher Pensions Overall Grade3: F – Click here to see why.
- 5-year vesting period.
- Employees/employers may or may not pay social security tax (Rhode Island defers the decision to each individual school district) and therefore may or may not be eligible for social security benefits.
- Portable plan available that all new teachers are enrolled in.
2Teacher Reciprocity: sourced from data aggregated by Teacher Certification Degrees. View the full state-by-state list here. Additionally, in some states special considerations for reciprocity, application expedition, fee waivers, etc. may be available to teachers married to activity duty military personnel; be sure to contact the respective State Dept. Of Education to learn more.