This page is still under construction! More awesome information to come!
Median Pay1: $58,000
Teacher Reciprocity Requirements2: Ohio Department of Education
- Education/Experience Requirements: Bachelor’s degree from regionally accredited school and state-approved teacher preparation program.
- Testing Requirements: Ohio Assessments for Educators (OAE) or Praxis Subject Assessments may be required based on evaluation.
- Temporary Certificate Offered?: Resident educator license if less than 3 years of experience.
- Other Notes: Must have at least 12 semester hours of reading pedagogy.
- Teacher Pensions Overall Grade3: F – Click here to see why.
- 5-year vesting period.
- Employees/employers do NOT pay social security tax and therefore are NOT eligible for social security benefits.
- Two choices between pension plan and more portable option but not all created equal.
2Teacher Reciprocity: sourced from data aggregated by Teacher Certification Degrees. View the full state-by-state list here. Additionally, in some states special considerations for reciprocity, application expedition, fee waivers, etc. may be available to teachers married to activity duty military personnel; be sure to contact the respective State Dept. Of Education to learn more.