This page is still under construction! More awesome information to come!
Median Pay1: $54,421
Teacher Reciprocity Requirements2: North Dakota Department of Education
- Education/Experience Requirements: Bachelor’s degree with at least 2.5 GPA from regionally accredited school and state-approved teacher preparation program.
- Testing Requirements: Praxis Core and Praxis Subject Assessments required.
- Temporary Certificate Offered?: Interim certificate if coursework or testing requirements not met.
- Other Notes: North Dakota Native American and Multicultural Studies course required for Initial license.
- Teacher Pensions Overall Grade3: F – Click here to see why.
- 5-year vesting period.
- Employees/employers may or may not pay social security tax (North Dakota defers the decision to each individual school district) and therefore may or may not be eligible for social security benefits.
- No portable plan available.
2Teacher Reciprocity: sourced from data aggregated by Teacher Certification Degrees. View the full state-by-state list here. Additionally, in some states special considerations for reciprocity, application expedition, fee waivers, etc. may be available to teachers married to activity duty military personnel; be sure to contact the respective State Dept. Of Education to learn more.