This page is still under construction! More awesome information to come!
Median Pay1: $50,861
Teacher Reciprocity Requirements2: North Carolina Department of Education
- Education/Experience Requirements: Bachelor’s degree from regionally accredited school and state-approved teacher preparation program.
- Testing Requirements: Praxis Subject Assessments required. Elementary and Exceptional Children endorsements also require North Carolina Foundations of Reading and General Curriculum exams. Temporary Certificate Offered?: No
- Other Notes: Whether candidate receives Standard Professional 1 or 2 depends on years of experience.
- Teacher Pensions Overall Grade3: F – Click here to see why.
- 5-year vesting period.
- Employees/employers DO pay social security tax and therefore ARE eligible for social security benefits.
- No portable plan available.
2Teacher Reciprocity: sourced from data aggregated by Teacher Certification Degrees. View the full state-by-state list here. Additionally, in some states special considerations for reciprocity, application expedition, fee waivers, etc. may be available to teachers married to activity duty military personnel; be sure to contact the respective State Dept. Of Education to learn more.