This page is still under construction! More awesome information to come!
Median Pay1: $62,702
Teacher Reciprocity Requirements2: Michigan Department of Education
- Education/Experience Requirements: Bachelor’s degree from regionally accredited school and state-approved teacher preparation program.
- Testing Requirements: Michigan Test for Teacher Certification (MTTC) may be required based on credentials evaluation.
- Temporary Certificate Offered?: Temporary Teacher Employment Authorization if testing requirements are not met. Provisional certificate after testing requirements satisfied.
- Other Notes: Must teach for three years on Provisional certificate to earn Professional certificate.
- Teacher Pensions Overall Grade3: D – Click here to see why.
- 10-year vesting period.
- Employees/employers DO pay social security tax and therefore ARE eligible for social security benefits.
- Portable plan available that all new teachers are enrolled in.
2Teacher Reciprocity: sourced from data aggregated by Teacher Certification Degrees. View the full state-by-state list here. Additionally, in some states special considerations for reciprocity, application expedition, fee waivers, etc. may be available to teachers married to activity duty military personnel; be sure to contact the respective State Dept. Of Education to learn more.