This page is still under construction! More awesome information to come!
Median Pay1: $50,403
Teacher Reciprocity Requirements2: Kansas Department of Education
- Education/Experience Requirements: Bachelor’s degree from regionally accredited school and state-approved teacher preparation program.
- Testing Requirements: Content and pedagogy tests in Kansas or comparable exams completed in another state if less than three years of teaching experience in last six years.
- Temporary Certificate Offered?: Yes, if testing requirements are not met.
- Other Notes: Teacher preparation program waived for secondary teaching if candidate has offer for hire from a Kansas school.
- Teacher Pensions Overall Grade3: F – Click here to see why.
- 5-year vesting period.
- Employees/employers DO pay social security tax and therefore ARE eligible for social security benefits.
- Portable plan available that all new teachers are enrolled in.
2Teacher Reciprocity: sourced from data aggregated by Teacher Certification Degrees. View the full state-by-state list here. Additionally, in some states special considerations for reciprocity, application expedition, fee waivers, etc. may be available to teachers married to activity duty military personnel; be sure to contact the respective State Dept. Of Education to learn more.