This page is still under construction! More awesome information to come!
Median Pay1: $49,225
Teacher Reciprocity Requirements2: Idaho Department of Education
- Education/Experience Requirements: Bachelor’s degree from regionally accredited school.
- Testing Requirements: Praxis Subject Assessments required unless hold bachelor’s degree in endorsements area.
- Temporary Certificate Offered?: Interim certificate if testing or coursework requirements not met.
- Other Notes: Institutional Recommendation from accredited preparation program required for any candidate with less than 2 years of full-time teaching experience.
- Teacher Pensions Overall Grade3: D – Click here to see why.
- 5-year vesting period.
- Employees/employers DO pay social security tax and therefore ARE eligible for social security benefits.
- No portable plan available.
2Teacher Reciprocity: sourced from data aggregated by Teacher Certification Degrees. View the full state-by-state list here. Additionally, in some states special considerations for reciprocity, application expedition, fee waivers, etc. may be available to teachers married to activity duty military personnel; be sure to contact the respective State Dept. Of Education to learn more.