This page is still under construction! More awesome information to come!
Median Pay1: $52,389
Teacher Reciprocity Requirements2: Colorado Department of Education
- Education/Experience Requirements: Bachelor’s degree from regionally accredited school and state-approved teacher preparation program.
- Testing Requirements: PLACE or Praxis Subject Assessments in select areas required; waived with 3 years full-time teaching experience.
- Temporary Certificate Offered?: No
- Teacher Pensions Overall Grade3: F – Click here to see why.
- 5-year vesting period.
- Employees/employers may or may not pay social security tax (Colorado leaves it up to each individual school district) and therefore may or may not be eligible for social security benefits.
- No portable plan available.
2Teacher Reciprocity: sourced from data aggregated by Teacher Certification Degrees. View the full state-by-state list here. Additionally, in some states special considerations for reciprocity, application expedition, fee waivers, etc. may be available to teachers married to activity duty military personnel; be sure to contact the respective State Dept. Of Education to learn more.