This page is still under construction! More awesome information to come!
Median Pay1: $67,398
Teacher Reciprocity Requirements2: Pennsylvania Department of Education
- Education/Experience Requirements: Bachelor’s degree from regionally accredited school and state-approved teacher preparation program.
- Testing Requirements: Acceptable basic skills, subject matter, and pedagogy assessments required. Must meet Pennsylvania’s qualifying scores for any exam(s) taken.
- Temporary Certificate Offered?: No
- Other Notes: Teacher preparation program requirement waived with 2 years of experience.
- Teacher Pensions Overall Grade3: F – Click here to see why.
- 10-year vesting period.
- Employees/employers DO pay social security tax and therefore ARE eligible for social security benefits.
- Two choices between pension plan and more portable option but not all created equal.
2Teacher Reciprocity: sourced from data aggregated by Teacher Certification Degrees. View the full state-by-state list here. Additionally, in some states special considerations for reciprocity, application expedition, fee waivers, etc. may be available to teachers married to activity duty military personnel; be sure to contact the respective State Dept. Of Education to learn more.