This page is still under construction! More awesome information to come!
Median Pay1: $69,917
Teacher Reciprocity Requirements2: New Jersey Department of Education
- Education/Experience Requirements: Bachelor’s degree with 2.75 GPA or higher from regionally accredited school, state-approved or NCATE/CAEP accredited teacher preparation program, AND two years of “effective” rated experience within last three years.
- Testing Requirements: Praxis Subject Assessments required.
- Temporary Certificate Offered?: Only if equivalent temporary certificate held in another state.
- Other Notes: Experience requirements waived with National Board for Professional Teaching Standards (NBPTS) certification.
- Teacher Pensions Overall Grade3: F – Click here to see why.
- 10-year vesting period.
- Employees/employers DO pay social security tax and therefore ARE eligible for social security benefits.
- No portable plan available.
2Teacher Reciprocity: sourced from data aggregated by Teacher Certification Degrees. View the full state-by-state list here. Additionally, in some states special considerations for reciprocity, application expedition, fee waivers, etc. may be available to teachers married to activity duty military personnel; be sure to contact the respective State Dept. Of Education to learn more.