This page is still under construction! More awesome information to come!
Median Pay1: $54,846
Teacher Reciprocity Requirements2: Indiana Department of Education
- Education/Experience Requirements: Bachelor’s degree from regionally accredited school.
- Testing Requirements: Indiana CORE Assessments and Developmental / Pedagogy exams required.
- Temporary Certificate Offered?: One-year reciprocal teaching license if missing testing or coursework.
- Other Notes: Expired out-of-state teaching licenses are not accepted. All candidates must be certified in CPR/AED/Heimlich and suicide prevention for professional certificate.
- Teacher Pensions Overall Grade3: D – Click here to see why.
- 10-year vesting period.
- Employees/employers DO pay social security tax and therefore ARE eligible for social security benefits.
- Portable plan available that all new teachers are enrolled in.
2Teacher Reciprocity: sourced from data aggregated by Teacher Certification Degrees. View the full state-by-state list here. Additionally, in some states special considerations for reciprocity, application expedition, fee waivers, etc. may be available to teachers married to activity duty military personnel; be sure to contact the respective State Dept. Of Education to learn more.