This page is still under construction! More awesome information to come!
Median Pay1: $65,776
Teacher Reciprocity Requirements2: Illinois Department of Education
- Education/Experience Requirements: Bachelor’s degree from regionally accredited school.
- Testing Requirements: Test of Academic Proficiency and content area tests required if no equivalent out-of-state exams passed.
- Temporary Certificate Offered?: Provisional certificate if missing testing or state-specific coursework.
- Other Notes: Must have 32 hours of content area coursework and coursework in reading and ESL/bilingual methods for Professional certificate.
- Teacher Pensions Overall Grade3: F – Click here to see why.
- 10-year vesting period.
- Employees/employers do NOT pay social security tax and therefore are NOT eligible for social security benefits.
- No portable plan available.
2Teacher Reciprocity: sourced from data aggregated by Teacher Certification Degrees. View the full state-by-state list here. Additionally, in some states special considerations for reciprocity, application expedition, fee waivers, etc. may be available to teachers married to activity duty military personnel; be sure to contact the respective State Dept. Of Education to learn more.