This page is still under construction! More awesome information to come!
Median Pay1: $57,866
Teacher Reciprocity Requirements2: Hawaii Department of Education
- Education/Experience Requirements: Bachelor’s degree from regionally accredited school and state-approved teacher preparation program. 3 out of 5 last years full-time teaching experience required for Standard certificate based on reciprocal teaching certification.
- Testing Requirements: Content knowledge exam required if candidate does not have a bachelor’s degree in endorsement area sought.
- Temporary Certificate Offered?: Provisional certificate if experience requirements are not met.
- Other Notes: Content knowledge can also be waived with NBPTS certification or master’s degree.
- Teacher Pensions Overall Grade3: F – Click here to see why.
- 10-year vesting period.
- Employees/employers DO pay social security tax and therefore ARE eligible for social security benefits.
- No portable plan available.
2Teacher Reciprocity: sourced from data aggregated by Teacher Certification Degrees. View the full state-by-state list here. Additionally, in some states special considerations for reciprocity, application expedition, fee waivers, etc. may be available to teachers married to activity duty military personnel; be sure to contact the respective State Dept. Of Education to learn more.