This page is still under construction! More awesome information to come!
Median Pay1: $47,721
Teacher Reciprocity Requirements2: Florida Department of Education
- Education/Experience Requirements: Bachelor’s degree from regionally accredited school.
- Testing Requirements: Comparable basic knowledge, content, and pedagogy exams.
- Temporary Certificate Offered?: Temporary certificate in area of bachelor’s degree major if basic knowledge or pedagogy exam requirements are not met.
- Other Notes: Teaching license must be equivalent to Florida Professional Certificate.
- Teacher Pensions Overall Grade3: F – Click here to see why.
- 8-year vesting period.
- Employees/employers DO pay social security tax and therefore ARE eligible for social security benefits.
- Portable plan available that all new teachers are enrolled in.
2Teacher Reciprocity: sourced from data aggregated by Teacher Certification Degrees. View the full state-by-state list here. Additionally, in some states special considerations for reciprocity, application expedition, fee waivers, etc. may be available to teachers married to activity duty military personnel; be sure to contact the respective State Dept. Of Education to learn more.