This page is still under construction! More awesome information to come!
Median Pay1: $73,113
Teacher Reciprocity Requirements2: Connecticut Department of Education
- Education/Experience Requirements: Bachelor’s degree from regionally accredited school and state-approved teacher preparation program. Teacher preparation waived with 30 months of full-time experience.
- Testing Requirements: Praxis Core and Praxis Subject Assessments in content area required.
- Temporary Certificate Offered?: Interim certificate if candidates meet all criteria except Praxis exams.
- Teacher Pensions Overall Grade3: F – Click here to see why.
- 10-year vesting period.
- Employees/employers do NOT pay social security tax and therefore are NOT eligible for social security benefits.
- No portable plan available.
2Teacher Reciprocity: sourced from data aggregated by Teacher Certification Degrees. View the full state-by-state list here. Additionally, in some states special considerations for reciprocity, application expedition, fee waivers, etc. may be available to teachers married to activity duty military personnel; be sure to contact the respective State Dept. Of Education to learn more.