This page is still under construction! More awesome information to come!
Median Pay1: $49,017
Teacher Reciprocity Requirements2: Arkansas Department of Education
- Education/Experience Requirements: Bachelor’s degree from regionally accredited school and state-approved teacher preparation program.
- Testing Requirements: Basic skills, content area, and pedagogy testing for the certificate held. Waived with three years of teaching experience or comparable certification from the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards (NBPTS).
- Temporary Certificate Offered?: Provisional license for reciprocal teacher certification candidates who meet all requirements except Content or Pedagogy testing.
- Other Notes: Endorsements in Early Childhood, Elementary Education, Middle Childhood, or Secondary Social Studies require approved course in Arkansas History.
- Teacher Pensions Overall Grade3: F – Click here to see why.
- 5-year vesting period.
- Employees/employers DO pay social security tax and therefore ARE eligible for social security benefits.
- No portable plan available.
2Teacher Reciprocity: sourced from data aggregated by Teacher Certification Degrees. View the full state-by-state list here. Additionally, in some states special considerations for reciprocity, application expedition, fee waivers, etc. may be available to teachers married to activity duty military personnel; be sure to contact the respective State Dept. Of Education to learn more.