This page is still under construction! More awesome information to come!
Median Pay1: $47,746
Teacher Reciprocity Requirements2: Arizona Department of Education
- Education/Experience Requirements: Bachelor’s degree from regionally accredited school and state-approved teacher preparation program.
- Testing Requirements: Professional and Subject Knowledge exams – See Arizona Educator Exams for accepted exams. May be waived with three years of full-time teaching experience.
- Temporary Certificate Offered?: Reciprocity candidates receive nonrenewable 3-year reciprocal Provisional Teaching Certificate; converted to 6-year certificate after two years of successful teaching in Arizona and meeting state requirements.
- Other Notes: Candidates must take state-approved courses in the Arizona and US Constitutions or pass an equivalency exam to upgrade to a standard teaching certificate.
- Teacher Pensions Overall Grade3: F – Click here to see why.
- Immediate vesting.
- Employees/employers DO pay social security tax and therefore ARE eligible for social security benefits.
- No portable plan available.
2Teacher Reciprocity: sourced from data aggregated by Teacher Certification Degrees. View the full state-by-state list here. Additionally, in some states special considerations for reciprocity, application expedition, fee waivers, etc. may be available to teachers married to activity duty military personnel; be sure to contact the respective State Dept. Of Education to learn more.