This page is still under construction! More awesome information to come!
Median Pay1: $69,474
Teacher Reciprocity Requirements2: Alaska Department of Education
- Education/Experience Requirements: Bachelor’s degree from regionally accredited school and state-approved teacher preparation program.
- Testing Requirements: Basic Competency Exam – See the Alaska Department of Education & Early Development for accepted exams.
- Temporary Certificate Offered?: Non-renewable one-year Tier I Initial Certificate while meeting state requirements.
- Other Notes: Must pass Praxis Subject Assessments to earn a Professional renewable certificate. Must take a state-approved course in Alaska Studies and Multicultural/Cross-Cultural Communication.
- Teacher Pensions Overall Grade3: D – Click here to see why.
- Immediate vesting.
- Employees/employers do NOT pay social security tax and therefore are NOT eligible for social security benefits.
- Portable plan available and all new teachers are enrolled in this program.
2Teacher Reciprocity: sourced from data aggregated by Teacher Certification Degrees. View the full state-by-state list here. Additionally, in some states special considerations for reciprocity, application expedition, fee waivers, etc. may be available to teachers married to activity duty military personnel; be sure to contact the respective State Dept. Of Education to learn more.