This page is still under construction! More awesome information to come!
Median Pay1: $50,239
TEACHING LICENSURE/RECIPROCITY IN ALABAMA2:
- Education/Experience Requirements: Bachelor’s degree from regionally accredited school and state-approved teacher preparation program.
- Testing Requirements: Praxis Subject Assessments or equivalent test; may be waived if candidate has 3 years of professional teaching experience.
- Temporary Certificate Offered?: Emergency Certificate if candidate meets all requirements except testing.
- Other Notes: Out-of-state teaching license must be equivalent to an Alabama Professional Educator Certificate to qualify for teacher reciprocity.
- Alabama Department of Education
RETIRING IN ALABAMA:
- Teacher Pensions Overall Grade3: F – Click here to see why.
- 10 year vesting period.
- Employees/employers DO pay social security tax and therefore ARE eligible for social security benefits.
- No portable plan available.
2Teacher Reciprocity: sourced from data aggregated by Teacher Certification Degrees. View the full state-by-state list here. Additionally, in some states special considerations for reciprocity, application expedition, fee waivers, etc. may be available to teachers married to activity duty military personnel; be sure to contact the respective State Dept. Of Education to learn more.